Sullivan Engineering assists in the evaluation of existing roofing/waterproofing systems, as well as the design and construction administration of the repair or replacement, of all roofing/waterproofing systems including:
- Single Ply (Thermoset and Thermoplastic) Systems
- Modified Bitumen Roof Systems
- Fluid-Applied Liquid Membranes
- Vegetative/Green Roofs
- Balcony Waterproofing
- Below-Grade & Sidewalk Vault Waterproofing
Similar to most aspects of construction one size does not fit all with respect to roofing and waterproofing systems. Several factors determine the appropriate system for a particular building, including:
- Building code regulations
- Requirements of owner’s insurance provider
- Climate and wind/weather exposure
- Frequency and type of foot traffic
- Intended use (of roof surface and interior space below)
- Mechanical equipment and exhaust units
- Overall size
- Roof slope
- Desired life expectancy
- Owner’s budget
- Number of penetrations
- Roof deck composition
Several commonly overlooked processes can be established during the installation of a new roof that will help reduce the cost of future maintenance and extend the service life of the roof system:
- Leak detection systems can be installed in most roof systems to use as a Quality Assurance tool and to allow for easy identification of future leaks. This is particularly important in roofs with an overburden (i.e. inverted roof systems and vegetative roofs).
- A custom tailored roof inspection and maintenance schedule should be provided for the Owner’s use in prolonging the useful life of the roof system and minimizing the risk of leaks resulting from roof damage.
Check out our Roofing & Waterproofing projects here.