June 10, 2020
Re: COVID-19 Guidelines
As the stay at home orders are lifted and construction to resumes, we have established the following guidelines for returning to the workplace:
* All employees are required to follow all WHO, CDC and local guidelines for COVID-19 safety to protect our team, contractors, clients, their families and the public at-large.
* Until further notice all employees are encouraged to continue to work from home as much as possible. The duration of the stress imposed by these orders has not gone unnoticed therefore we will continue to communicate with transparency to ensure that all team members feel as secure as possible, this will include check-ins on the mental health of each team member.
* If a visit to the office or a site is necessary, a self-evaluation of potential COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. temperature readings, etc) must be first performed and the Sullivan Engineering daily COVID-19 survey must first be completed and submitted.
* Travel to the office or site varies significantly based on where your home is and therefore should be the employees decision based on individual comfort level and preference.
When it is necessary to work from the office the following guidelines must be adhered to:
* All efforts to practice social distancing must be made, when social distancing is not possible gloves and a mask must be worn.
* As always, all employees should practice the recommended individual efforts to reduce virus transmission, including: thoroughly washing hands, using hand sanitizer, covering during sneezing/coughing with your elbow, etc.
* While we want to support our local restaurants, etc we should reduce trips by combining lunch/coffee orders. As such Sullivan Engineering will pay for lunch for those in the office who order from the elected vendor
* We have a strict policy avoiding the sharing of any supplies (including tools, paper, pens, etc). Please avoid taking anything from someone’s desk or placing it on someone’s desk. If documents must be shared (eg for physical signature) the signer must wear a mask and gloves while signing.
* To avoid cross contamination in the NYC office:
* Two teams have been established, access to the NYC office is very strictly limited to Tuesday through Thursday of the alternating weeks that your team is allowed in that office.
* The NYC office will be cleaned every Friday and must be vacant Saturday to Monday with the exception of an approved urgent need. In the event of an urgent need, the visit must first be approved by the Leadership team. If approved, a mask and new set of gloves must be worn for the entirety of the time within the office
* It is highly recommended that employees take the stairs to our 3rd floor office. If the elevator is used it should be limited to one passenger at a time.
When it is necessary to visit a site the following guidelines must be adhered to:
* The Clients (and Contractors when applicable) COVID-19 guidelines must be reviewed in advance and strictly adhered to.
* For all active job sites the client, contractor and Sullivan Engineering must submit to each other and review each company’s protocols
* All efforts to practice social distancing must be made, when social distancing is not possible safety glasses, gloves and a mask must be worn.
* As always all employees should practice the recommended individual efforts to reduce virus transmission, including thoroughly washing hands, using hand sanitizer, covering during sneezing/coughing with your elbow, etc.
* If possible, do not enter the building. If access to the building is required, it should be limited gloves, a mask and glasses/goggles should be worn as much as possible and definitely when social distancing guidelines can not be followed.
* No physical items should be shared including tools, pens, paper, etc. We will not longer distribute physical copies of meeting minutes, field reports, etc
* All meetings should be encouraged to be virtual (via Zoom, etc) for as many participants as possible. For those that must be on-site the preference should be outside of the building, when that is not possible social distancing guidelines should be maintained.
* Any employee with symptoms must self-quarantine for the CDC recommended timeline (currently 14 days) or until they receive clearance from a medical professional.
* Any employee that has knowingly come in to close contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive must follow the current CDC guidelines.
* When in doubt, please err on the side of caution to avoid spreading the virus.
At Sullivan Engineering our intent is to keep working with others in the industry and provide clear explanations of changes to our policies and always explain the thinking behind those decisions. Thank you for being part of our team and we will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Our full team is working diligently to be as prepared as possible to safely and productively return to the workplace. Our commitment to empower others to improve their quality of life has proven more important now than ever. Additionally our reliance on having team members that share our core values has proven to be the key to the relatively strong success that we’ve seen over the past weeks. Please feel free to each out to us with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Stay safe, healthy and positive, we are truly all in this together and will get through it together,
Brian P. Sullivan, P.E.