By: Brian Sullivan
FISP Cycle 8 Update
On February 11th; The New York City DOB FISP (Facade Inspection and Safety Program) Unit held an industry meeting to discuss changes to the FISP (formerly Local Law 11\98) inspection and report requirements. The following is a brief summary of the discussion. For more information on the change, please see the February update provided by the DOB.
- Upon conclusion of the 7th cycle (February 20, 2015), no late, initial 7th cycle reports will be accepted by the FISP unit.
- The deadline for submission of supplemental balcony inspection affidavits has been temporarily postponed; no new deadline date has yet been provided. If a supplemental balcony affidavit is not submitted for a building, the FISP unit can consider the 7th cycle report incomplete.
- All 8th cycle reports must be submitted in digital format via CD\DVD. Amended 7th cycle reports should still be submitted in paper format, however, no paper copies of an 8th cycle report will be accepted. Hard copies of the TR6 form and the Facade Batch Intake form, along with a screen shot of the BIS facade page for the building, must accompany the disk containing the 8th cycle report.
As a reminder, The staggered sub cycles for cycle 8 are defined as:
- Subcycle A (02/21/15 a 02/21/17) for buildings with block numbers ending in 4, 5, 6 and 9
- Subcycle B (02/21/16 a 08/21/18) for buildings with block numbers ending in 0, 7 and 8
- Subcycle C (02/21/17 a 02/21/19) for buildings with block numbers ending in 1, 2 and 3
To check the block number or facade status for your building please visit the DOB BIS site.